Something Sweet = Just Right for Treats
Oh how I LOVE something sweet. Seriously, I love sugar! And it’s that time of year when sugary delights are popping up everywhere, because Halloween is right around the corner (and followed by even more sugary goods at Christmas). With all that sugar love going on, it’s no surprise that I absolutely LOVE this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit – Something Sweet.
This kit is inspired by Halloween decor and spooky chemistry. The test tubes are great for holding small candies, like M&Ms, tic tacs, or Jelly Belly jelly beans. You could also fill them with sprinkles, hot cocoa powder, tea, bath salts, and other small items for great go-to gift ideas. Halloween is usually cold in Edmonton, Alberta, so I would think hot chocolate with a treat bag of marshmallows would be a great treat idea. I’m probably in the minority though LOL.
Check out the 16 treats this kit can make:
The kit includes everything you need to make 16 awesome treats:
- Old olive ink spot
- Photopolymer stamp set
- Mini glue dots
- Stampin’ dimensionals
- Baker’s twine
- Pre-printed tags galore
- 16 test tubes with cork stoppers
Here’s a close up of the Something Sweet stamp set (check out the cute sunflower!):
Halloween Treats and Alternate Kit Ideas
I’m not a fan of Halloween itself, but I do like the cuteness that goes with it (ahem, cute kiddos in even cuter costumes – yes, I shall give you all my candy!). The September Paper Pumpkin kit gives me even more options for Halloween treats that I can hand out to friends, family and neighbourhood kids, but I can see so much potential in using the tubes from this kit for Christmas, Valentines, and even Easter.
Here are a few ideas that you can use to adapt the Something Sweet kit for other holidays:
- Fill tubes with hot chocolate mix and sprinkles. Add in a bag of marshmallows and a mug for a quick and easy gift.
- Fill tubes with sea salts and spices for a gourmet chef inspired gift. Pair it with a kitchen item and voila, you’re set for a gift exchange!
- Or fill tubes with bath salts for a spa inspired treat
- Tubes of sprinkles are always a great addition to a baking related gift
- Decorate your own tags with seasonal stamps for whatever occasion you want to use the tubes for
Have you tried the Something Sweet Paper Pumpkin kit? What did you create with it? I’d love to hear how this kit inspired you! If you haven’t tried Paper Pumpkin yet – now’s your chance! Sign up today and get next month’s kit for free – bonus! I do love a good BOGO offer.
Ciao for now!